This is how to run a stick of Chapstick
down the black boxes on your scantron
so the grading machine skips the wrong
answers. This is how to honor roll. Hell,
this is how to National Honor Society.
This is being voted “Most Likely to Marry
for Money” or “Talks the Most, Says the
Least” for senior superlatives. This is
stepping around the kids having panic
attacks in the hallway. This is being the
kid having a panic attack in the hallway.
This is making the A with purple moons
stamped under both eyes. We had to try.
This is telling the ACT supervisor you have
ADHD to get extra time. Today, the average
high school student has the same anxiety
levels as the average 1950’s psychiatric
patient. We know the Pythagorean theorem
by heart, but short-circuit when asked
“How are you?” We don’t know. We don’t
know. That wasn’t on the study guide.
We usually know the answer, but rarely
#there it is #the defining moment #everything hermione is #because she KNOWS she’s smart #she knows she’s clever #but harry #she sees that he’s special #because he may not be a genius #he may be #when it comes to most things some people find important #relatively average#but he is brave #and he is strong #he is a hero #and hermione sees that #and she admires it#she strives for that #because she knew #from age fucking eleven #that books weren’t everything #and that she had an awful lot to learn
#also: prime example number 1 of why Hermione is in Gryffindor and not in Ravenclaw #because she VALUES bravery and courage more than intelligence or books or cleverness #and it’s about what you VALUE not just what you have #and in the end it is our choices that matter far more than our abilities #and Hermione has valued courage #and wanted to be in Gryffindor since she first read about the House in Hogwarts, A History #she has a lot of Claw qualities but the Gryff comes out even more #Hermione wants to be brave she wants to be daring she wants to be bold #she wants to be a Gryffindor #and that’s what matters most
I just got an idea. Let’s try this out, fellow fic peeps. Post the following:
1) Something old- A blurb from one of the first fics you’ve ever written.
2) Something new- A snippet from something you’re currently working on, or from the last thing you posted.
3) Something borrowed- A scene or section of dialogue from another writer’s story. Maybe something that inspired you or resonated with you. (Credit the writer and link to it if possible, please.)
4) Something blue- C’mon, you know you’ve written a really gut-wrenching bit of angst at some point. Let’s hear the saddest or angstiest thing you’ve got. Alternatively? Tell us about the last time you described the color blue.
Tag whoever you can think of and get to reblogging. All fandoms/fanships welcome!
“You know me…”“No, I don’t!”
people who dont like remus lupin:
- dont exist
people whose pov should be more explored/analysed/understood/sympathized with, devoid of any relation to the male(s) in their lives:
- nymphadora tonks
- nymphadora tonks
- nymphadora fucking tonks
Things I want to know:
- How old was Tonks when she started to refuse to answer to Nymphadora
- What was the earlier form of her patronus
- Why did she want to be an auror
- her favourite subject
- did she play Quidditch
- how old was she when she first rode a broom
- what was the first magic she did
- her favourite colour
- her favourite food
- how many times did she end up in the hospital wing
- did she like muggle movies
- did she like to read books
- was she any good at drawing
- ALL THE THINGS
my tonks was def a beater, not agile enough to be a seeker, too clumsy to be a chaser, so being a beater was perfect, although i have a feeling she would often let go of her bat accidentally
and i think her fave subject was transfiguration just because mcgonnagall would have loved her and asked her a lot of questions about her metamorphing abilities
“If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.”
Yet another Remus Lupin drawing to add my collection
I’m not over his character and I don’t think I ever will be
after all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
Coming from two generations of epic pranksters.
Fred and George Weasley?
That castle doesn’t stand a chance.